H2O Penetrating Sealer is a high performance water based penetrating sealer, designed to protect against water borne contaminates, whilst reducing salt ion ingress and efflorescence. Delivered ready (no mixing required), this water based, odourless, non-film forming sealer will provide premium protection for up to 10 years, while retaining the surfaces natural appearance.
Ideally suited to wet areas, such as around swimming pools, where a normal sealer leaves a film which can become slippery when wet. H2O Penetrating Sealer cures within the surface and creates a hydrophobic barrier to ensure that the “grip” of the surface isn’t covered up, so it won’t become slippery.
*Please beware that if your substrate is slippery as it is, then H2O Penetrating Sealer will not add any extra non-slip properties.
20 litres will treat approximately 60m² of substrate (porosity dependent)
Coverage rates will be determined by how porous the concrete is (how easily water soaks in). The easier and quicker that water soaks in, the more porous the concrete is and the more product you will use.
- Ensure the concrete has sufficient porosity for the sealer to penetrate.
- Dip a finger into a glass of water and apply 2-3 drops to the surface.
- Time the amount of time it takes for the water to soak into the concrete.
- For sufficient porosity to apply a sealer, this should be no longer than 90 seconds.
- Repeat the test over multiple sections of the concrete substrate.
- If under 90 seconds then the concrete has sufficient porosity for application of the sealer.
- If longer than 90 seconds, then it may be necessary to either acid wash or diamond grind the concrete to open it up and create the required porosity.
Enter the dimensions of your surface area to estimate how many tins of product you may need:
Product Name: H2O Penetrating Sealer
Material: Water-based penetrating sealer
Pack Size: 20 Litres