Water Based Concrete Sealer is an exceptional water based, clear acrylic sealer designed for use in harsh Australian environments. This sealer is an Eco Friendly, non-toxic, UV-stable, breathable water based concrete sealer. It is suitable for use on most porous external and interior surfaces. It will not darken the substrate and keeps a more natural look, while maintaining a matte to semi gloss finish. Available in 20ltrs.
As the Concrete Sealer dries, the polymer chains cross-link together to form a matrix seal. This matrix locks together everything in the top layers of the surface, to provide outstanding strength, stain resistance and durability. The top of this matrix forms a tough film on the surface that acts as a wear layer. The Right Choice Non Slip Additive may be used to enable application in wet areas and driveways where extra grip is required.
20 litres will do 2 coats over approximately 70m² – 80m² (concrete porosity dependent)
Coverage rates will be determined by how porous the concrete is (how easily water soaks in). The easier and quicker that water soaks in, the more porous the concrete is and the more product you will use.
- Ensure the concrete has sufficient porosity for the sealer to penetrate.
- Dip a finger into a glass of water and apply 2-3 drops to the surface.
- Time the amount of time it takes for the water to soak into the concrete.
- For sufficient porosity to apply a sealer, this should be no longer than 90 seconds.
- Repeat the test over multiple sections of the concrete substrate.
- If under 90 seconds then the concrete has sufficient porosity for application of the sealer.
- If longer than 90 seconds, then it may be necessary to either acid wash or diamond grind the concrete to open it up and create the required porosity.
Enter the dimensions of your surface area to estimate how many tins of product you may need:
Product Name: Water Based Concrete Sealer
Material: Water-based sealer
Pack Size: 20 Litres